Friday, January 9, 2009

Chiquitita

I am not fluent in Spanish but I just understood a part of myself from the word, Chiquitita. I feel so much like a small baby chicken...slowing and blindly moving around...looking for a way to survive. I recently got two more unpopular reports about my chronic health problem -Cancer. More unpopular - because the reports were not good but they were not horrible. I just don't want to accept them. Cheep, cheep, cheep

Feeling like a little chick gives me the opportunity to shut off most of my human emotions and just keep my head to the ground looking for survival seeds. Chickens don't share, don't care, don't laugh and don't cry. The "don't list" is endless. And I can escape from my reality for a while. Sometimes when I get overloaded and overburdened I look for a way to empty my mind...being a chick might be it!

Chiquitita .....the title of a song from "Mam ma Mia". I truly suggest that you buy the DVD movie that offers the option of singing along with the movie or singing after the movie is over. I can tell you it broke through my down trodden manner and cheered me up. Music can do that! Basically what appeals to me is that inside each of us is that small child who still has needs. "Chiquitita, tell me what's wrong." I have always wanted someone to ask me that and now with all the constant medical diagnosis..........I do need to tell someone what is wrong. God bless our new President and his family. amf

2 comments:

suzeeq said...

Be still, rest, breath, quiet. Just be still in the world. Look at see the sky, clouds, feel the breeze. what else is there!!! such beauti, Chiquitta.....

suzeeq said...

you are a strong person, whose example can teach many. I know you live life, perhaps have lived life, with challenges most don't experience. I believe this enables you to relate to the world's issues. Maybe not a thing you'd like, but with challenges comes the lessons and growth, spiritual and physical afterwards.